Hello. I hope you’ve had a great week. Yesterday marked the end of the sprint for the Alpha build of my final project, Tennis Match. It was a busy week filled with development and testing. I am currently torn between hoping for some time off and enjoying the challenge of learning and implementing so many things in so little time.
Are you working on anything fun yet challenging?
Some of the things I’ve learned this past week are:
- Tab Layouts + View Pagers are a girl’s best friend when it comes to implementing tabbed views within an activity (relatively) quickly and easily
- Google’s Places API’s Autocomplete feature is a great way to integrate a location search with autocomplete suggestions
- Setting an Android emulator’s location doesn’t usually work, but at least getting the current location returns a consistent if not custom value
- When setting a menu item’s icon to a resource id you must use findItem rather than getItem because getItem is expecting an index rather than an id and will throw an index out of bounds error
- Fixing many small things often turns into complete code refactoring and often adding/removing/changing many many behind the scenes functions
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I hope you have a great week.
P.S. To anyone who watched WWE’s Payback this past Sunday, were you a bit disappointed Alexa Bliss didn’t interfere too?