Hello. I hope you’ve had a great week. This past week has been filled with learning, coding, (it goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway) debugging, and work. I have finished the “final” release of the Android version of Tennis Match and have made a bit of progress on the alpha iOS version. I’ve also learned a bit about how solar panels and inverters work and the process of applying for the initial solar approval from HECO. I’ve also discovered far more jack in box bugs than I had expected, but then again that can usually kind of be expected.
Some of the things I’ve learned this past week are:
- Creating the same app on a different platform is not going to be much faster (for me at least) especially if you’re relearning Swift as you go
- Android is better than iOS (yes I said it and meant it)
- Panel and inverter spec sheets aren’t as daunting as they sound
- StackOverflow is a great place to look for developer positions (link is to my developer story on SO)
- Pluralsight is a neat website to test your technology IQ in various areas ranging from Java to Project Management
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you have a great week!