Hello and Happy New Year! I hope you’ve had a wonderful week and an amazing start to 2023. 2022 was a pretty great year and I’m looking forward to an even better 2023. What are some of your favorite 2022 moments?
Over the past year, I went from a contract position at Interapt to a full-time position at LinkedIn, from just getting into bachata to going to a handful of bachata festivals, from hardly going out except for dancing to spending quality time with friends most weekends, and from only wanting to do a lot of things to actually doing a lot of the things that I wanted. I’ve learned and grown a ton in the past year and I look forward to continuing to learn and grow this year. Some of the highlights of 2022 were getting my job at LinkedIn, meeting a lot of friends, dancing in the park, trying out new restaurants, and making the decision to go on my first cruise.
My word/phrase to sum up 2022 would be “new”. I did a lot of new things, traveled to a lot of new places, and made a lot of new friends. Moving forward, the word/phrase that I want to be the embodiment of 2023 is “empowered”. I plan on continuing to learn and grow, but also to push myself out of my comfort zone to do more things that I’ve wanted to do or am interested in, including traveling more. I’ve already started by booking my first-ever cruise! I’m super excited. What’s your word/phrase for 20222 and 2023?
Lastly, I wanted to share some of the tips I think have been most useful for me in my professional journey as a way to end my 2022 reflection.
- Utilize LinkedIn for job offers, mentorship, and professional guidance
- Fill out your profile
- Connect with people in your ideal job or with experiences similar to what you’re trying to achieve
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to others
- Showcase your achievements and projects
- Ask for recommendations from friends and coworkers
- Share your learning journey and experiences
- This is super useful as it helps recruiters and other people hiring understand how you communicate and problem solve
- Start a blog and share it there
- Post it on LinkedIn
- Showcase your soft skills just like you would your technical skills
- Soft skills are extremely important, technical skills can be taught (so can soft skills but they’re harder to get good at in my opinion)
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you have a wonderful week and an amazing 2023! Let me know what some of your goals for the new year are!